This past Monday night now goes by the name E-Day because it was so epic. Everyone was in a great mood because it was the first day of Spring quarter and we had too much fun for the RA's liking. He was such a Nazi. That night was chronicled in an earlier post.
Tuesday, I had an interview for a higher position in the A.S. Recycling Program. Tuesday evening consisted of more hockey and drinking.
Wednesday, I purchased my case of wine. I think it was a good investment because it last for this whole epic week! Later that evening, I rolled out to Sands Beach with 2 bottles of wine and too many heads for me to remember. The occasion was a recycling bonfire! There was a good amount of people there, mostly other recyclers from work. I rolled back really late and just knocked out.Thursday was just an ordinary day, filled with class, work, and more drinking. At this point in typing all of this, I am starting to feel like an alcoholic. I think the really exciting part of Thursday was some beer pong. We recently came up on a decent setup. I lost my first 2 vs. 2 game but redeemed myself in a 1 on 1 matchup.
I must have been really drunk on Thursday night because I woke up really late on Friday morning. Around 11ish? What woke me up was a phone call from my boss offering me the position that I had applied for. I graciously accepted :] The evening carried on with some drinking with one of my classmates from last quarter. Me and about 10 of her buddies drank up and went downstairs to the San Clemente Center, which is basically a presentation room for that student housing complex. Her friend was spinning that night so we dropped by to check him out and dance it up. The night carried on to me partying it up with an old friend from elementary school that also attends UCSB. I watched her and her friends get ready for half an hour :/ We finally headed out and partied with the Chi Delts down the street. After partying, we hit up Rosarito's for some carne asada quesadillas.
Saturday started early. I woke up at 8 and was at the office by 830. My boss and I rolled out to the main walkway on campus. We were setting up recycling bins for Spring Insight, a sort of open house for high schoolers to see what UCSB is all about. We also took the electric vehicle down to the beach to set up for Floatopia, a massive, drunken event where attendees take to the sea in inflatable floaties with their alcohol and friends. That was my next destination after work. I got back home after putting a few hours in and then ate. I would need fuel for the rest of my inebriatedly forgotten day. After eating, I put down a bottle of wine and went to KMart to buy an electric pump. The previous day, I had spent over an hour and a half trying to inflate on of the 3 rings on my floatie. After inflating my "raft," which was a kiddie pool, I probably had more to drink and headed out to the water. My crew of at least 4 others arrived to a swarm of bodies floating in the sea. It was quite a site. We started swimming out with the raft and I was eventually pulling the raft with everyone in it. We got out pretty far, but we were uncomfortable and maybe a bit bored. We washed back into shore and found some of our land loving friends. This is where my memory fades.
I have no recollection from this point, about 20 minutes after leaving the water, to me waking up at 10pm to a couple of my friends that had came up from LA. I was still drunk but I wasn't about to let them drive 2 hours to come party with me and not party with them... So I quickly got dressed and drank some more. haha. I dropped by a couple friends' places and walked around on Del Playa, a street infamous for bumping parties and droves of people. We ended the night, burnt out after a long day.
Sunday was a lot more lax. I woke up and cured my hang over with the last of my wine. 12 bottles, gone. My friends from LA and I walked around Isla Vista and through the annual Joint Rolling contest in search of a good meal. We ended up going to fresh start on Pardall. It was a pretty good breakfast. The eggs tasted like butter and the country-style potatoes were delicious. We continued our lazy day by hanging out at the pool for a little while. The three of us picked up a couple six-packs and headed over to a friend from highschool's place. We drank sparingly while we caught up and left a few hours later to get some food before they headed back to LA. We decided against the usual Freebirds and went back to fresh start for some massive burgers. The guys headed home shortly after and I have just been cleaning up and taking care of chores since.Such a great start to the quarter... Such an Epic week!
The following pics are the aftermath in our room after this week. For the lolz!