3/17/09

Boondock Saints vs. AIG

So as many of you probably know, AIG and other huge banking companies received bailout money from the government. AIG came under fire for doling out seven-figure bonuses to executives. They argue that they had a contract that was implemented a year ago. So within the past few days, many of those executives received their pork, and then.... 11 of them cut out! They took their money and bounced! I believe that 1 of these execs received a check for 6.4 million dollars!

I am pretty outraged by this. It really gets me how people are so selfish... perhaps I am too optimistic. Maybe I should go the cynical route and follow a suggestion a buddy of mine presented: go Boondock Saints on these bastards! These people are the root of the economic crisis. They get paid a larger sum than I can ever expect to receive in my lifetime. Then they irresponsibly leave the problem for someone else to solve. To me, they are evil! They should just get blasted or something.

Anyway, thanks for reading my first blog post. It'll be as random as the next.